News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

OPEN: Game Masters (0/3)

Started by Aki, March 05, 2018, 01:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aki

I've had some hard times creating game mechanics and introductions for Gleam, honestly. :D And since I'm pretty much picky with any series that I'd like to see, that makes my knowledge very limited. So we are in dire need of game masters who can help us make game rounds for our game sets!

Job Description
As a Game Master, you will be making rounds for the games under our Arcade page—which majority are password gates. Game masters will be creating 5 rounds for each game per month in their assigned set. They will only be given games that are trivial, which can be in a form of image, phrases and the likes. So games under their sets like Crazy Card or Inventory will not be included.

A one round for a game should include the question (or what the game is asking for), which can be in the form of an image, text, or some other media type and the answer to it, which the player would type as the password.

Once hired, Game Masters will need to come up with these rounds and they will be given an access to the games spreadsheet where they will input the rounds they create. This spreadsheet will include what we'll be needing for each game and further information will be given should there are other questions asked.

Requirements
  • Potential applicants must have a wide knowledge of various anime, manga, and video game series or knows enough series to be able to look up for information and resources about them in able to make rounds.
  • They must be able to make 5 rounds for each game per month in their assigned set.
  • Please keep in mind that previous experience with any TCG game-making is a plus, but is not required—although those with experience will have more chances of getting hired.
The sole purpose of a game master is to help us by providing information that we can use for the games which can be looked up online or pulled from your own knowledge, so that the major admins wouldn't get burned out by getting information for all of the available games all by themselves.

Games List
Although our interactive page is not locked, I would still like to list down the sets the Game Masters can choose along with the games that they will be handling. A general summary is included in each game to give the applicants a better idea about the games they will be making rounds for.
  • Bonus Weekly Set

• Spot It! - spotting the difference between picture 1 and picture 2 (kindly provide us an image for this game that we can edit in addition to the series title)
    • Missed Birthdays - guess the birthday date of a character (provide the character name, their birthday and the official profile page)
    • Mystery Eyes - guess whose pair of eyes belongs to (provide the image that we can use, the character's name and the series they come from)
    • Karaoke - fill in the blank (provide the stanza(s) from either an opening or ending song of a series that you want to use for the round, including the song's title and the series it was used for)
  • Bi-Weekly Set A

• 4 Pics 1 Word - think of the common similarities the four pictures has (provide images with the same subject, can be a combination of characters and items)
    • Analogy - a comparison between two completely different things or ideas (this should only be within the scope of anime, manga and games)
    • Guess the Seiyuu - guess the seiyuu of the round's featured character (provide us the seiyuu's name, the character they voiced for and the series)
  • Bi-Weekly Set B

• Square Words - decode the scrambled letters to form a word (the word used for the rounds should be able to form a square, e.g. adventure which creates a 3x3 block for 9 letters)
    • Phrased - guess the character who said what phrase or quote (provide the quote/phrase, the character's name and the series they come from)
    • Character Guess - guess the character according to their wardrobe (provide the image to be used, the name of the character and the series they come from)

Procedure
If you are good with the job description and requirements mentioned above and are ready to apply, all you have to do is simply fill out the form below and post it as a new reply on this thread. Please only apply if you think you can provide us a lot of variety of rounds for each games within a set.
[b]Preferred Set:[/b] (the set you would want to make rounds for if hired, put "any" if you don't have a preference)
[b]Knowledge Rate:[/b] (rate the categories according to your knowledge where 1 being the highest, e.g. Anime = 1, Manga = 2, Games = 3)
[b]Availability:[/b] (let us know how often you're online for contacting purposes, or any other contact method in case we need to reach you ASAP)
[b]Other Things:[/b] (anything that you want to add that we may need to know, etc.)

Once all possible applications has been received after the deadline, we will review them carefully and will contact applicants to let them know if they have been hired. Other than that, we will let the other applicants know whether they get the job or not.

In case that the hired game masters step down, or if we'll be needing more, all applicants who didn't get the job the first time they applied will be considered for the position. We will contact them if they are still interested for the job but they will no longer need to post another application reply on this thread unless they want to change or add anything from their previous post.

Paycheck
Game masters will receive five (5) random cards per month after 5 rounds for each game in the assigned set have been added to the spreadsheet. They can get their paycheck from the Paycheck page only if they have been given the GO signal to do so from the admins. Kindly please take note that Game Masters are not allowed to play the games they've made rounds for, but they will be rewarded the same through the Individual Payouts section with their names linked to the rewards page.

Deadline
We will accept applications until January 23, 2020, but we will extend the deadline if we don't get any applications by then. So please don't hesitate to send in your application if you are interested for this position! ;)
"ωhy cαη't yσυ hold me iη the street? I cαηησt kiss yσυ ση the dαηce flσσr...
I ωish thαt it cσυld be like that, ωhy cαη't ωe be like thαt? Cσz I'm yσυrs..."

iCandyreijou.nethakumei.orgedenTRAP

Cami

Preferred Set: Bonus Weekly Set (or Biweekly Set B)
Knowledge Rate: Anime = 1, Manga = 2, Games = 2
Availability: at least a few hours a day, easiest to contact me through Discord
Other Things: I have a moderate knowledge of all three mediums. Even if there are many series that I haven't watched/read/played myself, I know of a lot of them so familiarity shouldn't affect it too much.

Mio

Preferred Set: any
Knowledge Rate: Anime = 2, Manga = 1, Games = 3
Availability: I am on every day! I have discord on my phone too so I could reply at least once a day if it's urgent.
Other Things: I may not be up to date with everything anymore but I don't mind freshening my brain up for games and we have wikis for a reason right lol